Chiropractic for Kids
More and more we find concerned parents visiting the offices of chiropractors throughout the world for spinal check-ups. The importance of a healthy spine and nervous system is paramount for your child's future. A healthy nervous system insures that your child is better equipped to deal with everything from back/neck pain to sore throats to measles and chickenpox. Don't underestimate the bodies' power when it functions at 100%. By adjusting subluxations, chiropractic insures that their body has the opportunity to function at its best.
5 Reasons For Kids To See A Chiropractor
1. Birth. Birth Creates trauma. Nine months in an uncomfortable position can create the beginning of future postural problems. In addition, pulling, twisting, pushing, forceps and vacuum extractions all cause trauma to the spine of a newborn creating subluxations and spinal cord damage that can be silent for years.
2. Our nervous systems, made up of our brain and spinal cord, control every function of the human body. Subluxations or interruptions of this communication network means our body can't function at 100%. This is not optimal health at less than 100%.
3. Daily traumas of being a kid must be taken seriously. Running, jumping, falling, twisting are just a few of the mechanisms for childhood spinal injury. Furthermore, movements while changing a diaper, learning to use a walker, being lifted by parents, carrying a back-pack, physical demands of sports, and sleeping behaviors all become the stepping stone for serious future difficulties if not dealt with immediately.
4. Prevention of problems. A healthy spine and nervous system helps to prevent common health problems experienced in children. Included in these are ear infections, colic, headaches, bed-wetting, asthma and other problems.
5. Posture---the old adage of "as the twig is bent, so grows the tree". Children’s spines are subject to a number of different stress and strains placing it at risk of future problems like scoliosis or a curved spine. To prevent this from taking place and causing future changes regular spinal screens for posture are important. Prevention at an early age is the key to deal with problems that could plague your children for a lifetime.
Chiropractic for Pregnancy
Spinal problems are common during pregnancy; up to 90% of pregnant women have them. Rapid physical and chemical changes during pregnancy can aggravate existing spinal problems and can make the spine and pelvis unstable through relaxation of the ligaments. Together with postural changes this causes pain in back, buttocks, groin and legs. Pregnancy and labor are more comfortable for women under chiropractic care. The chiropractic drugless approach is ideally suited for pregnancy care. Chiropractic can also help women with premature contractions, morning sickness and can help prevent post-partum depression. Research revealed that women who have chiropractic care enjoy easier pregnancies and deliveries. Back and pelvic pain, common after giving birth, also responds well.
If you have questions feel free to email Dr. Corey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional research please visit: http://icpa4kids.org/